'Glenhurst' 73 Acres - A brilliant property!
36 Riverview Road, South Australia / Woodside, Australia
Where else in the world can you drive to the City in 35 minutes from your finest home in the countryside? Or maybe fly in from the air strip just 5 minutes up the road, or enjoy the most decadent delights from surrounding wineries. The choices are endless, yet it's all right here at this magnificent holding in Woodside.
Perched in the heart of the Adelaide Hills between the townships of Oakbank and Woodside, Glenhurst is a testament to the owner's commitment to refined design with attention to the smallest detail, resulting in a bespoke home of the highest quality. With the assistance of Sally Young of Nelson Architects and built by All Exclusive Homes, the expansive homestead has been created with an understated impression of both luxury and elegance that is second to none.
Beautifully constructed of local basket range stone, Glenhurst is totally in sync with its natural surroundings. Daylight cascades in through the expansive windows, each one providing an outstanding vista over the graceful gardens that frame the perimeter of the home.
The living rooms offer an outlook of almost 180 degrees over the acreage and beyond allowing the occupiers to watch over the grazing animals and enjoy the ever-changing skyscapes.
The homestead measures over 800m2 with soaring ceilings measuring up to 3.4m in height. Every comfort has been included with underfloor heating, extensive ducted air-conditioning, external blinds on western windows, open wood fire and gas fire, piped surround sound throughout the home and luxurious furbishings including marble floors and plush carpets.
Glenhurst is a magnificent property constructed with no expense spared. Established in an idyllic hills setting whilst being only a short 35 minute drive to Adelaide, this property has raised the benchmark for the very best that the Adelaide Hills has to offer.
Features include the following highlights:
* The homestead measures in excess of 830 m2 including covered verandahs and double garage
* Lofty 3.4 and 3 metre ceilings
* Stylish imported marble flooring and quality plush carpets throughout
* Attractive Tasmanian Blackwood timber doors and fitted furniture constructed by Pfitzner Furniture
* Ducted reverse cycle commercial zoned air-con.
* Fully ducted sound system with ability to play different music in each room if desired
* Open fireplace with feature stone wall and wood box providing internal/external access
* Gas fire in formal living and dining room, stunning chandeliers, together with access to outdoor pergola and lawns
* Open plan living, dining and kitchen with expansive views across property, double glazed sliding door access to second outdoor entertaining.
* Quality Miele appliances in the kitchen with an abundance of soft close storage drawers, together with slide out pantry cupboards and plumbed and integrated refrigerator.
* Conservatory with dedicated air conditioning system, electric blinds and windows for temperature control. Built in gas oven, BBQ , wok and sink.
* Automatic blinds and curtains throughout entire home linked in to security system.
* 4 king size bedrooms, all with ensuite bathrooms featuring marble or stone splash backs -one currently utilised as a study.
* All wet areas and main living area include underfloor heating. Marble floors imported from Turkey.
* Main bedroom has dual dressing rooms, a spacious luxury ensuite, attractive chandelier and exterior access
* A communication room controls the automated systems while a purpose built, climate controlled wine cellar can be used as a safe room in case of emergency / fire, complete with breathing apparatus.
* A mud room adjacent to the entry for outdoor clothing storage
* Double panel lift auto door with interior entry
* Expansive loft storage above garage with loft ladder for easy access.
* Fully monitored security system with CCTV
* The grounds and paddocks are fully fenced approximately 73 acres, electric fencing to entire boundary and some internal fencing. Paddocks have had pasture renovation over the past 3 years.
* Secure basket range stone gated entry with talking monitor.
* 500m bitumen driveway to homestead lined either side with red oaks on an auto watering system
* Mains water to property together with 180,000 litres of rainwater from underground tank.
* Bore water for irrigation purposes and stock water in paddocks (approx 1250ppm)
* Fire protection system featuring copper piping has been purpose built and can be operated automatically via mobile phone if required. A huge capacity diesel pump works this system located above the underground rainwater tank. Rainwater tank can also be filled via mains supply.
* Diesel fire fighting pump - Caterpillar model C2-2 Arrangement no. 3200291
* Property suited to grazing purposes with newly installed cattle crush and yards
* The stables and 3 bay implement shed are located along the driveway. Features include 2 stable boxes measuring 4.5 x 3.5m, a cold water wash bay, with the entire barn measuring 17.6m long x 12.2m wide. Rainwater and mains water provisions and provided. All auto doors and 3 phase power to sheds (and homestead). The 3 bay hay storage shed complete with turbines to allow excellent ventilation is also located in this complex measuring 12m long by 7m wide.
* The gardens are uniquely landscaped to be both attractive and low maintenance. They have been designed and built by Gardens with Style, a hills company based in Nairne.
* The grounds total an area of 73.14 acres or 29.6 HA zoned Watershed primary production zone 10 - Onkaparinga Valley. The property also includes a woodlot.
Glenhurst offers a lifestyle choice for those seeking a manageable rural property (bitumen road the entire way) within easy access of the CBD.
"Simply a masterpiece requiring closer inspection for total appreciation".